16 Nov 2004

The Blind Men and the Elephant

Yesterday I was reading posts on "extends is evil".
I've often heard that opinion but I was wondering why?!
And actually seeing all the comments these kind of issues rises:
I clearly understand that it's not that easy!
Some people fell confortable with inheritance using extends.
Personnaly I sometime use extends. But usualy it gets more and more complicate to maintain over time/adding features (even with JUnit).
So I don't like extends (using super()) that much...

But all those debats about extends/implements, jsf (yes/no) etc... are interesting but often leads nowhere since everybody come and leaves with his idea.
Just like The Blind Men and the Elephant
Moral:
So oft in theologic wars,
The disputants, I ween,
Rail on in utter ignorance
Of what each other mean,
And prate about an Elephant
Not one of them has seen!

No comments: